The College of New Jersey

Apply     Visit     Give     |     Alumni     Parents     Offices     TCNJ Today     


Individuals wishing to teach or provide professional services in public school districts of any state must hold a certificate appropriate to the teaching assignment in order to work in the public P-12 or charter schools. Certificates (licenses) are issued through individual state offices. In New Jersey, teaching licenses are issued by the NJ Department of Education (NJDOE) and often based upon completion of college and state-approved preparation programs in specific educational areas.

Upcoming Events

Certification Application UpdateLEARN MORE